Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Sewing Aspirations

My amazing friend Codi made a fantastic flag out of old camies for her dad (maybe her husband?).  I loved it!  And I want to make one.  I'm working on collecting old uniforms but people are surprisingly reluctant to give them to me.  Ah, well.  I shall persevere!  And hopefully I will still have enthusiasm for the project once I have acquired the materials.  In the meantime, I thought it might be a good end-of-year teacher gift to some of the kid's teachers to make one out of kimonos!

So I have been trying that out.  It is good because I can see if the size of the strips I'm cutting is working out.  

Don't be too impressed with me.  This is my friend's!  But I intend to do one. 

But this one I did.  I did the strips 1.75" wide, but would do 2" next time.  The long strips are around 22" long, but I'll probably try 24" next time.  For the top half, the blue strips are ... um, 9"? long and the red/white are 12-15" long. It did come together pretty quickly.  but now I need to figure out how to display it. (Codi mounted her's in a frame.)

 For future reference,  I will try it with:
7 blue strips 2"x10"
3 light /white strips 2"x15"
4 dark/red 2"x15"
3 light/white 2"x24"
3 dark/red 2"x24"

No comments: