Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Yes, ANOTHER awards assembly

Both schools have quarterly award ceremonies. It gets a bit tedious.  But I am grateful for kids who work hard and do their best.  I went to the Elementary School ceremony last week and Dan did the big kids one this week, cuz we're good like that.

I took this because I was super-impressed.  Can you see the kid in the grey jacket, smack in the middle of the photo?  I was trying to figure out why he was facing a different direction than all the other kids and I realized, he is the only kid actually turned to face the flag during the Pledge of Allegiance.  (Yes, I did pull out my camera during the Plegde because I'm bad like that.) Good job, mystery kid, you are awesome!

Delaney receiving whatever certificate it was. 

Lined up with all the other good grade achievers. (Delaney is on the very end in the blue shirt.)

Callie shaking the principal's hand. 

Callie standing next to her most-amazing-ever teacher Mrs. Billups. 

And she had to make a second walk up there.  She received the coveted "Commander's Award" which she has been working very hard towrds.  You have to have a 4.0, have zero unexcused absences, and have good character.   And the Commander hands you the award and shakes your hand.  Or, in this case, if the Base Commander is busy, then his CO does it.

These are all the kids in school who got it.  Delaney is up there too!  Can you see them whispering together?  Yay for my kids!  I love them so much!

No comments: