Thank goodness for Google! I don't know if it counted as cheating, but we totally googled how to build one and then set to work. And amazingly enough, it worked! Well, it took a bit of finagling and it certainly would have helped to know exactly how a flashlight does work. But we figured it out and the girls had a really great time playing around with different ways to do it. I would call it a rousing success for us. The girls were interested, they learned, and they problem solved.
Trying to figure out how to put things together.
Working out a container. The water bottles were the right size for batteries, but not gfor the battery case. (Delaney used a case. I did not.)
Success! It was spotty though and did not always come on. I am trying to figure out why.
I have 2 batteries in the tube, connected by tin foil. The foil wasn't hitting the right spots consistently.
She's feeling quite pleased that her flashlight works! And worked consistently, unlike mine!
She has one battery, connecting to the light with foil and copper wire.
Rylee has claimed mine and is having a marvelous time with it.
A little too much fun, maybe.

No comments:
Post a Comment