Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Little trip to Hiroshima

 My friend Hope asked if I wanted to go to Hiroshima with her.  There was a little bakery shop she wanted to visit.  She was on a quest to find the elusive and seasonal "sakura"  or cherry blossom flavoring.  I was happy to agree to the trip.  Unfortunately, Rylee was a little sick that day, and stayed home from Yochien.  Fortunately, Hope didn't mind an extra passenger.  Rylee was mostly fine.  Aside from the 4 bathroom breaks we had to make, she was quiet, and pleasant.  And she napped a bit in the car.

We found the bakery shop after a lot of left turns and a missed road.  It was fun and I found some goodies I liked.  Hope was delighted to find her sakura flavoring, and I went ahead and got one too. I think it is a slight cherry falvor, but I'm not sure.  Guess I'll have to try it out....

Next we went to Aeon Mall.  It is a huge  mall.  We meandered to a Chinese Buffet (I know, a Chinese buffet in Japan?!) and enjoyed some tasty lunch.  I wish I had gotten pictures.  Rylee was thrilled to partake of their waffle bar and had a waffle with ice cream and caramel syrup on it for lunch.

Hope then took me to the big thrift/resale store in Hiroshima called Circle One.  It was huge!  And fun. The upstairs was amazing with all kinds of furniture and odd things.  I finally busted out the camera there just because how can you not?!

Seriously!  A suit of armor?!  Yep, need a photo of that!

 Larger than life size Christmas decoration?  I so wish we had room for that!  (Plus a spare 400 yen...)

Rylee just wanted a shot of her holding the branch of the plant. 

Now we're on a roll. 

And can you imagine having things like this hanging from your ceiling?  How fun! 

Egyptian sculpture?  Why not? 

 Rylee had a marvelous time finding things I had to take photos of her with.

Oh, I forgot to mention the best part.....
Look what is at the Aeon Mall! 

Yep a real Krispy Kreme!  Sure they had some odd varieties, like a tuna stuffed donut, but they also had the traditional delights.  And delighted were the children when I brought this home!
(As an aside, a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts in Japan runs you just under $20)

No comments: