Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, March 23, 2015

Kids and the Kintai

 I am a wee bit behind!  It was over a week ago that I took the girls out to the Kintai.  It was a gorgeous day and we just HAD to go out and enjoy it. So off we went.  Callie thought Levi needed to go as well.  So we brought the dog and had a very pleasant morning wandering the lovely grounds behind the bridge.  The Cherry Blossoms are suppose to be glorious when they bloom, but they have another week or two before that happens.  The Pear Blossoms were out and they were quite lovely.

Levi is excited to be going somewhere.

Trying to be all artistic with the blossoms and Iwakuni Castle on the hill there. 

I love the Pear Blossoms!  The dark pink are my favorite. 

Marian, playing in the water. 

We brought Callie's friend Charlie with us and here are Callie and Levi and Charlie. 

Rylee wanted her picture taken on the little bridge 

So Callie wanted one as well.... with Levi, of course. 

Rylee posing by the water. 

Posing by the blooming trees. 

Such pretty flowers! I can see why it gets a big festival. 

Callie and Levi. 

Rylee ran up to the fountains and called "Take my picture!" 

Sneaky long distance zoom shot of Marian. 

Having fun feeding the giant Koi fish.  The Koi were sluggish and disinterested, and the girls were a little disappointed.

Love the pretty Toriis. 

Love my girls! 

Rylee cracks me up.  She loves to pose, so it is hard to get a good, natural picture of her. 

We found this lovely swan who was delighted to relieve us of the last of our breadcrumbs. 

Marian caught me trying to zoom in on her. Heh heh heh. 

And then I got totally lost on the way home.  I ended up on increasingly narrower streets till eventually I popped out right back at the Kintai.  But I drove down this for a bit!

Levi was all tuckered out!

No comments: