Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy Pi Day!

Today was an extra special Pi Day.  It was 3.14.15  so it was super Pi Day.  I was fully prepared.  Well, mostly.  I had 3 old favorite pies made, and 6 new ones this year.  And we had lots of friends come over to partake.  It was a rousing success.  Our house was overrun and I need to figure out how to streamline it better for next year.  Maybe pre-put pie on plates like at a sushi bar...?

Anyway it was a lot of fun.  I love hanging out and visiting with my friends.  While I miss the friends we have left behind, it was nice to spend time with our new friends.  And I like them all a lot too!

So, I know, you want to know what pies we made.  I did post links to them all of FB and you can look there or ask if you need the recipe (or google it!).

I made:
Chocolate Truffle
Toll House
Chocolate Chess
Lemon Chess
Candy Bar
Buttermilk
Oreo Caramel Chocolate
Pinkie Pie (A jello/cool whip confection)
Fudgy Fudge

Oh, and one of our friends brought a very yummy Strawberry Pie.  It may convert me to fruit pies. We completely consumed 6 entire pies and made hefty dents in another 3.  I was overzealous and still have 3 Chocolate Truffles in the freezer.  That was really due more to a mathematical error that caused me to make 3 pies instead of 1.  Don't ask.  It was embarrassing.  Yet delicious.

Happy Pi Day, my Pie Loving Friends!

No comments: