Lately, when I let Levi out to potty during the day, I open the door, peer out carefully, and if there isn't anyone around, I'll let him go, no leash. Poor kid never gets to just run. He's always on the leash and our backyard is so tiny, he can't run. So I let him out untethered and let him chase the squirrel. There is a little squirrel who runs around the front area and Levi is bound and determined to get it. Sadly, he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to squirrel catching. There has been more than one occasion that Levi's nose is buried in the grass, sniffing for the little critter, and the squirrel will leap down from the tree and dash across the lawn to a bigger tree. And Levi won't even notice!
There are times that Levi does see the mad dash for a better tree and then, the race is on. Mostly, there is no squirrel in sight when he goes out. Mostly, Levi just gallops from tree to another, sniffing and searching. But he sure has a good time!
Hey, I'm uh, lookin' for a squirrel. Have you seen it?
It might be up here!
Did he go this way?
Wait! I think I heard something!
Aaaah! He saw it! Run, squirrel, run!

No comments:
Post a Comment