Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, October 21, 2013

BYU vs Houston

Dan and Joshua took off Friday-Saturday to drive to Houston to watch the BYU game.  They left early enough to do the 7 hour drive and arrive in time to attend the fireside Friday night.  I didn't know that the BYU team puts on a fireside when they play away-games, and I think that is pretty cool. Dan said the fireside was great.   On Saturday afternoon, the boys watched the game and had a marvelous time.  Sadly, Dan and I have a difference of opinion on what the camera is for, and he was delighted to get picture of everything they did.... but no pictures of Joshua, and only one of himself.  Sigh.

Dan did get a picture of himself with Bronco Mendenhall, who is the coach of the BYU football team.  Dan went to the Temple Saturday morning and ran into Bronco (cuz they're on a first name basis now!) as he was leaving the Temple.  Dan was thrilled.

They enjoyed the game and I hear it was pretty exciting, with BYU pulling out the win at the last minute.  They drove home after the game, and fell into bed just before 2am on Sunday. 

At the fireside.  Dan said they sat next to someone cool, but I don't know who it was. 

Houston Temple 

Dan with Bronco Mendenhall. 

Heading into the stadium. 

Watching the game. 

Cosmo Cougar, the BYU mascot.  Dan said our cougar was way better than theirs, but he couldn't get a photo of it. 

Some very exciting play that happened.

No comments: