Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, October 18, 2013

Good Friends = Good Fun

Last Saturday, my delightful friend invited the girls and me to come over to play.  She'd heard that Dan and Joshua were out of town (fishing) and thought we might want to do something fun as well.  We did!  And it was a lot of fun.  I kept saying, gee, we really should go.  Gosh, I need to drag the kids out of the pool.  Of course, I didn't and a 2 hour visit became a 4 hour visit and the girls all got a wee bit of sunburn. But oh, they had such a good time!

Marian swimming. 

Rylee was in the water for a whole 2 minutes before she decided it was too cold. She didn't need to be wet to enjoy herself. 

Delaney paddled around and spent the entire time in the water.  She loves swimming. 

Rylee and her friend Maddie ditched the pool for the sandbox.  I loved that I could sit in the screened porch and watch the girls have fun while I chatted with my friend.  It was such a good day! 

Once the girls discovered the numerous (and easily captured) frogs and lizards, swimming became the secondary attraction. (I love that Marian and Emma have on the same swim shirt.)  

Did I mention my friend made brownies?!  That is one reason why she's my friend!  Notice that Rylee has a brownie in one hand and a Halloween Oreo in the other. 

Callie was in love with their cats.   

I love this kid!  What's on her shoulder?! 

Yeah, there was something about a lizard olympics...... I didn't want to know! 

This is how much fun they had!  Rylee totally conked out on the couch.  Good times.

No comments: