It is the only park we know of with a full size merry go round. The kids had so much fun on it. We stayed for 2 hours before anyone mentioned going home!
They like this large caterpillar thing too.
But the merry go round was the biggest hit.
The caterpillar had size appeal and my children all like to climb things. So they did.
And some of them are hams.
Fine, all of them are hams!
But it was always back to the endless circles of the merry go round.
I was astonished how much my boy liked this silly contraption and spent so much time playing on it with his sisters. You can't tell here, but Rylee is doing an awesome "Superman" pose, arm outstretched and everything!
Well, you can see Delaney "flying" in this shot.
Love this boy!!
Auntie Miranda and cousins came with us. It was so fun to play with them, and I thought this was such a cute shot!
The baby section of the park had this new spinny thing in it. super fun! It was like the teacups, and I thought it a bit tricky for little children to use. But we had fun with it.
Also very fun was successful fishing forays at the pond. I was less thrilled at the catch. Marian and Callie managed to hook 2 crawfish and 2 actual fish. I do now know what kind of fishies these were, but they were small, so I'm glad they had to toss them back. Marian really really wanted to cook up the fish.
the girls had to content themselves with boiling the crawfish. Callie wasn't sure she wanted to try this.
No, she didn't eat the claw! She did try it and she liked it.
Marian also thought it yummy and now she wants to do it again. Sigh.
The children have also had a good time with the tree house and zip line.
I saw Miranda do this and I was astonished! That 20 week pregnant lady was zipping down the zipline!
Go Joshua!
Callie had to try it without the seat. She thought it was great.
Marian put the tire swing to good use.
And Grandpa finally got to try out his Funnel Cake recipe. It was proclaimed delicious by all. Isn't Camden adorable?! I sure do have cute nephews.
Delaney was obsessed with this bib. But it did keep the powdered sugar off her.
Rylee devoured her funnel cake and then came begging for mine.
Callie licked her fingers and Delaney licked her plate.
Joshua spent as much time as he could doing this.
Grandpa had a big burn pile and invited the kids to come roast marshmallows. He had s'more makings and the children were excited!
Marian wanted a picture with her and her marshmallow on her specially hand-crafted hanger-turned-roasting-stick. She made it herself and was so proud of it.
Baby Ethan had fun hanging out. See, I told you, cutest nephews ever!
Mouths stuffed with what Rylee calls "smashmallows" and enjoying their s'mores.
Summer is off to a good start!

No comments:
Post a Comment