I told Marian I was planning to get my hair trimmed. She said she wanted a hair cut as well. Her hair was really long and she has loved having it long. I think the heat here has been getting to her. She absolutely must have it in a ponytail. The first thing in the morning after she gets up is to start nagging me to put her hair up, and it is always in her pony. She wanted less hair so she'd be less hot. I asked if she was sure, and she was, so off it came.
Her trademark ponytail.
What it looked like down, which no one ever saw because it is always in the ponytail.
All chopped off!
Big difference!
That is about 8 inches of hair there!
And this is me. I have not had my hair cut in nearly 2 years. I haven't even had a trim since we moved almost 2 years ago. So I went to the salon that had done Delaney's hair last year and said, do something! I let them talk me into color, which I have never, ever done. I'm getting old and the gray hairs are starting to make me self conscious, so I thought, why not?
Well, I know why not. I can't believe how much time and money I spent on my hair! It is hair, for crying out loud! Sure, I love it, but sheesh. It is going to keep growing and graying, and I'm so not spending that kind of money regularly on my hair. Besides, how silly is it to color my hair its same color?! Sure, I know it is to cover the gray, but most of my hair is still brown, so I'm coloring most of my hair to hide the few gray? Hmmmmm. So, this is a one time deal.
It feels like it is really dark. It is definitely darker than my natural color. I'm not sure I like the color (good thing, since I'm not going to do it again!), but I love the cut!
Love my girly too!

No comments:
Post a Comment