Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Boston Trip!

Dan has gotten to do a little bit of traveling for work, and he thought it would be great to take Joshua along with him on a recent trip to Boston.  So they took off for a week, and went to see the sights.  They did a lot of touristy things and visited all the historical stuff that Dan likes.  Joshua said he liked the Salem Witch Museum the best.    Dan did a great job of taking pictures, although he did not appear in any of them.

Sadly, they did not take a picture of something I thought was awesome.  Joshua said they went to the movies, and at the base theater, there were 2 doors to get in.  One was labeled "Team Edward" and the other, "Team Jacob".  

I didn't get to go on the trip, so I'm not sure what all the pictures are of.  Perhaps I'll have Joshua or Dan sit down and caption them, but don't hold your breath!  (I am humbly corrected.  Dan has captioned the photos for you!)

William Bradford of the Plymouth Colony.  Look it up!

Interpretive Art.  Don't you feel uplifted?

We looked for this place hungry for pie, but we settled for pizza.

We walked for several hours on the Freedom Trail in Boston so I figured Joshua earned this overpriced serving of Gelato.

This is the site of the 25 minute presentation about the Salem Witch hysteria.  Lots of mannequins and good narration. Totally worth it!

The spire is the monument for Bunker Hill and the USS Constitution is the old ship with the sails.


This monument is at the North Bridge at Concord better known as the site for the "shot heard round the world."

Still at the North Bridge.

This 38.5 foot polished shaft of granite in Sharon, VT marks the birthplace of the Prophet Joseph Smith.

No comments: