Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, November 3, 2012

TOFW!

 10 months ago, I mentioned to Dan that Portland was hosting a Time Out For Women event and how fun it might be to fly out there and hang out with my awesome brother and sister in law and attend the TOFW.  Dan set me up for a trip a few months ago. I had enough frequent flier miles to make it a free flight and off I went!

 My plane landed at 11:40pm Thursday night.  Being a thoughtful guy, Dan used his Marriott Rewards points to score me a free night at a hotel.  Aahhhhh, blissful night!

 I sat around, eating leftover Halloween candy, watching TV and playing on my laptop.Life was good!

 I even found time to jump on the bed a bit.

Then I was off to Adam and Savannah's place.This is my adorable nephew, showing off how to use dental floss.  You can tell his dad is in dental school!

Today we all drove to the convention center in Portland and had the most awesome experience!  It was doubly fun to get to be there with my sister, my sister in law and my cousin. Family is awesome.

We made the mistake of going to Denny's for lunch. With 3500 women at the conference, this place (and every other eating establishment around) was swamped.That was okay. What was not okay was the 75 minute wait for food, the incompetent server, and not-very-apologetic-while-appologizing manager. So we spent nearly 2 hours here, but only 10 minutes of it was actually spent eating.  And we were nearly an hour late getting back to our conference.  This is my sad "Denny's Stinks" face.

 This is me, with my sister, my SIL's friend, and  my SIL.We had a lot  of fun!

Here I am at the end.  Happy me!  We're waiting because my SIL's friend really wanted to meet one of the presenters. I wasn't in any hurry.  I had no kids, and was responsibility-free!

I am standing next to Hillary Weeks! LOVE her! She has some awesome songs.Check out this song and this one.   She is marvelous!

We also got to meet John Hilton III. I'd never heard of him, but he was fabulous and gave an amazing talk.Liked him a lot!

Here we are on the way out.  We wanted a shot by the TOFW banner.  Somehow my cousin snuck away and didn't make it into any pictures.That's okay, we're going to her house for dinner tomorrow!  (and I'll probably forget to get a picture then too!)

So, in case there is any question, I am having a wonderful time!  I have a great family and I love spending time with them.Dan is amazing and is holding down the fort at home. He's even going to teach my Sunday School Lesson tomorrow, cuz he's good like that!

No comments: