Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, November 29, 2012

I don't want to be the mom anymore.

I was at the school picking up the kids.  Delaney wanted me to carry her backpack.  I told her I would love to if she could ask me nicely. She did not want to.

She spent the next 20 minutes and 1/4 mile home screaming and carrying on in full tantrum.  But by golly, she would not ask nicely.  She screamed at me to hold her backpack.  She screamed that it was too heavy.  She screamed "HERE!" and shoved the backpack at me.  But she would not ask nicely.

She screamed incoherently.  She threw the backpack on the ground.  She kicked the backpack.  She screamed at me.  But she would not say please.

All
The
Way
Home.

And here's a spoiler:
It hasn't gotten any better.

2 comments:

Bryn said...

Oh man! I know those days. That actually sounds like a great children's book idea.

Megan said...

I love days like that. Those are "time to take a nap" days.