Last night was the Marine Corps Ball. Dan still considers going to the Ball something that is a "novelty" and he doesn't understand why I would want to go every year. That's because it isn't a novelty! It is an annual event! This year I found a fabulous dress that I loved. I liked it a lot more till I saw so many other dresses at the Ball and then I kind of felt like I was old. I was hoping for elegant, but I was a little concerned that it was more of an older lady dress. Sadly, I am not as young as I like to think I am, so perhaps it is just appropriate.
Hanging out before the ceremonies started.
Dan and his buddies. It was lovely to hear all the guys he works with say flattering things about Dan. They seem to really like him.
My little slice of birthday cake. It was yummy, too!
Full view of the dress. And I had on high heels that really made my feet hurt, but they looked marvelous. Next year I'll look for something more comfortable, because no one got to see the super-cute straps on these.

No comments:
Post a Comment