This year we wanted to do something different. Well, that, and uncle Alan invited us over for Turkey and a family fun filled trip to see the new Twilight movie. Who can resist that?! We packed up the car and loaded kids and dog and were off on a grand adventure!
It was a 12-13 hour drive, so we stopped at a hotel. La Quinta, I do love you! I love that they accept dogs and are cheap. Levi enjoyed his first hotel stay. The kids always love a hotel.
Levi was awesome for the lengthy drive, as were the children. We encountered standstill traffic while we were conveniently right next to a school. So we pulled over, unloaded and ran everyone around for a bit. The traffic cleared up and we were back on our way. The kids enjoyed the break.
Levi was so happy to make a new friend. Alan's dog, Bismark was very good natured and let Levi slobber all over her. She also indulged in mock fighting and they seemed to have a very good time together.
Aunt Brandy is a rock star. She knew just how to keep little girls entertained for endless hours. She opened up her craft stuff and let the girls do whatever they wanted! Oh my. The kids loved it and had a ball. Delaney made a ...um... hair bow. She still makes me put it in her hair!
Joshua was thrilled to get to play Alan's games.
Rylee made friends with Bismark, who is very tolerant and sweet dog! Rylee told me, "I riding her like a howse!" And when Bizzy got up to move, she hollered, "Yee Haw!" as she fell off.
We took time to stroll the Savannah River Walk. It was nice, but chillier than we expected.
A lovely street vendor offered this flower made of palm leaf, and Rylee was enamored.
We stopped by the Candy Shop and the kids were drooling over all these caramel apples. Yummy!
Joshua was ready for some candy!
Dan and Levi had to wait outside while we perused the candy. Levi enjoyed the walk and was pretty good.
Here's Rylee, enjoying her treat- a chocolate covered marshmallow snowman.
Yeah, I caved. I let Joshua get a giant apple. He took 3 bites and complained that it was sour.
Kids are so fun! I love that they can do stuff I only want to do but do not have the nerve!
Back at the house, Rylee put her older cousins to work entertaining her. Josh was offended that his sisters never play with him like that. I'm pretty sure he's happier NOT having Rylee use his abs for a trampoline. Matthew bore it with remarkably good humor.
Dinner was beyond delicious.
My kids seemed to prefer the ham over the turkey, the heathens! Levi was just happy that lots of people smuggled him treats when I wasn't looking.
We got to go for a post-turkey walk in "The Haunted Woods". Levi enjoyed all the new, exciting smells.
Cousin Jacob was a good sport and pulled the girls in the wagon all around the yard for much longer than I would have!
And Aunt Jenny read to the kids and made them a happy group. Yeah, family is awesome!
Marian entertained herself by taking all the letters from a game and making all the Africa related words she could come up with. And I think she managed to use every single tile! She wanted a picture of her efforts before cleaning up.
So that was our Thanksgiving. We drove home in 2 days again, which worked out well, as we got home mid afternoon and had time to settle back in. The kids had fun, the dog had fun (and was so sad to leave his new friend behind), it was a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:
What a lot of fun! Not much is cuter than Rylee with the palm leave rose. But I am super impressed that your daughter, who never wanted to learn to read even if it meant no driving or cooking or anything, has taken to spelling in such a cool way! Yay for Marian! She is so clever!
Post a Comment