
Trieste is really old. Here are the ruins of a Roman ampitheater.

They say life is a journey, not a destination. That was certainly the case when the train took us within 35 miles of our destination (Trieste) pictured above and said, I am sorry, but we can take you no further because the train workers are on strike. After milling about the town of Udine for about an hour, we figured out how a complicated bus change in the middle of nowhere worked (Nobody could translate the bus brochure) and got to our destination a few hours late, then got an express bus back to Udine that night to learn that the strike was short lived, so we could then go home. All part of the experience I guess.

Yes, those are french fries on his pizza. We have stories about Italian cuisine and the long break most of them have before opening for dinner.


That is Piazza San Marco and Joshua´s new favorite treat.....gelatto. He has had it at least 10 times since he hit the ground last week.
This blog only covers the first 48 hours of the last 8 days. I cannot do justice to the whole week before I get to bed tonight.
Dan
1 comment:
Wow! That all looks so cool! Although the strike and reroute sounds quite frustrating. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment