Dan and Joshua have been gone about 3 weeks now. I have been quite remiss in posting about what's been going on here at the homestead. There are several reasons for this. First, Dan took my good camera and as you will notice, blurry shots are not helpful. Plus, the red eye in them doesn't seem correctable by the simple program I have. Its all a bit frustrating, and therefore, not really happening. The second reason is this: Nothing is happening. We've had little that is blog-worthy, and we have not done much of interest. If we don't do interesting things, then I have to be interesting and this was not a good week for that! Which leads to reason number 3: Allergies have been so bad that I can barely stand myself, so blogging hasn't been appealing to me.

See, blurry shot. Cute kid though! The girls have been getting along fabulously well. We all went to dinner at Chili's the other night and they were pretty good. It was fun to go out, just us girls!

I finally gave in and went to the doctor. That was a 10 minute visit. This shot of Delaney was during the hour long wait at the pharmacy. Picture taking was one of the entertainments to distract her and Rylee from the boredom. I walked home with no less than 4 prescriptions (2 of which I'd already been taking), and in case you are wondering, no, I don't feel better. I feel worse. Not only are my eyes still streaming and itchy, and my throat itches and my nose alternates between being runny and clogged.... now my chest is gunky and hurts. So not only are the allergy meds NOT working, their nasty side effects are. Ug.

Rylee is into all sorts of mischief these days. I will mention only that if the back door is unlocked, she does know how to open it and will disappear into the neighbor's carport before you can find her. This one is big trouble!

The most fun thing this week was going to Delaney's preschool consignment sale. They have so much stuff! The girls wanted to go and I gave them a dollar amount and said they could pick one thing to buy. Marian chose a pull-along dog. Callie got a plastic drum. Delaney picked up a pretty pink box that looked like it had some nail polish in it. Since they were all very good and let me peruse to my heart's content, I said yes to all 3 things. Unfortunately, once we got home, I made the unwelcome discovery that Delaney's box contained multiple little lip glosses, and Delaney thought they were eye shadow. Isn't she lovely?!! The sad thing is that its been 2 days and she's had a bath, and been thoroughly scrubbed, but her eyes are still pink-rimmed!

And lest you think that there was no excitement around here at all, I will have you know that we had a front row seat to something very exciting yesterday morning! This is how Callie and Marian spent all their time before leaving for school. I got the blow-by-blow report as things went down. The girls were enthralled. What were they looking at?

There was a fire truck and an ambulance in front of our house yesterday morning! I thought I was going to have to walk to school (which is horrible for my allergies and leaves me runny nosed, red eye-d and headachey for the rest of the day), but they all left 2 minutes before we had to leave. Lest you think we are callous and unkind people, I'll alleviate your fears and tell you that our elderly neighbor had a diabetes issue and couldn't get her blood sugar under control. So she got a ride to and from the hospital in style yesterday, and she is fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment