Why don't I work on it at night? I do. I really do. I did. I did most of the work on it when the kids were asleep. I even stayed up past 11pm the other night. Do I work on it at nap time? Not so much. I'm still in the "Nap when the baby naps" phase and if I'm not napping when Rylee is, its because there is something I HAVE to do. I suppose I have to write a talk, but I didn't think it would take me all week! I didn't think it was going to be written in 2 minute segments. This talk stuff shouldn't be this complicated!
I tried to get it done all day today. Between the errands, the neediness, and the 2 hour power outage, I didn't get anything done. I was hoping I could finish it tonight once the kids were in bed and still make it to bed myself at a decent hour. 3 of the children are in their rooms right now. Of those 3, none are asleep. One is actively crying and screaming "Mom!" That's the one in the crib who woke me up at 7 this morning, so there's no love here right now. That's the one who has prevented any real work on this talk as well. I certainly can't work right now either. All I hear is "MOM!" and the tears. Nope. Not conducive to trying to feel the Spirit.
Thus, I blog.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
This is an update:
Rylee fell asleep after 9 pm. She woke up 30 minutes later crying. I was up till 11pm and finished my talk. It seemed well-received today and went much better than I expected. Oh yes, I was not alone in writing or giving it. And I wave a wonderful ward. I had plenty of offers to help with the kids and I did not have to worry about them at all.

1 comment:
glad you updated! What was the topic?
Post a Comment