Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Hero!

I'm not sure if I mentioned that Rylee has an ear infection and is miserable at night. Just recently, she has been miserable in the day as well, but that's not so bad. Night is bad. Something about the sun being down makes everything a thousand times worse. Since Rylee has been so fussy and cranky and cannot be put down without crying and crying, I did take her back to the doctor on Tuesday and they confirmed that yes, she did indeed still have an ear infection. At that point, I did fill and dose out antibiotics to her. It has not seemed to make a difference thus far. My secret fear is that the ear infection will clear up and she will still cry all night long.

What this means is that I have swapped beds with Delaney. She sleeps on my floor (unless she crawls into the bed when I'm not looking) and I sleep in Delaney's bed with Rylee. I may get an hour or 2 in my own bed (and not necessarily consecutive hours), just so I don't forget how it feels, but mostly, its me and Rylee in Delaney's bed. Neither of us seem to be sleeping well.

Last night I was in Delaney's bed with Rylee snuggled in my arms, when I was awakened by the patter of feet and then the sound of running water. I thought, "That's a bad sound. That sound means someone is getting a bath." I'm pretty sure you can think of very few reasons that someone needs a bath at 2:30 in the morning. I thought about getting up and decided not to. I went back to sleep.

What happened?

Delaney puked all over herself and the blankets she was sleeping on by our bed. Dan, my hero, got her stripped, bathed, and washed clean of vomit. He took the sheets down to the washer and kept Delaney calm and happy while he did all this. He did it without waking me up or hollering for help. He got her into clean jammies and back into bed and she went right to sleep. Yes, Dan is my hero. He is a Super-Hero!

5 comments:

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

Dan, Dan, he's our man; if he can't do it, nobody can! What a great husband you have!

Bryn said...

That is a wonderful thing Dan did for you. I have been thinking of you! Night time sucks. I always dread when night time comes, the big question will I or won't I? I sure hope Rylee gets better and then sleeps!

Deborah said...

I am sorry that Rylee isn't letting you get much sleep. And i am sorry to hear about Delaney. I think Steven may have given that to Delaney.

But it is awesome that Dan did all that disgusting cleanup while letting you sleep. Way to go, Dan!!

Sharon said...

I'm sorry things are so routen right now, That was so nice of Dan!

Just the 2 of us said...

Uh you did say that he had a brother? LOL ;)