Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Marian

Yesterday was Parent Teacher Conferences.  I got to meet with both Joshua and Marian's teachers.  I really like Joshua's teacher.  She seems like a lot of fun and like she really understands the kids.  She said that yes, Joshua talks a lot in class,"But he's a boy!"  And he's doing well in class.

I was concerned that Marian might not be on grade level, but her teacher said she was. She is meticulous in the work she wants to do and with the stuff she does not want to do, Marian either doesn't do it, or makes up her own version.  Marian may not do the work, but when she does, apparently it is done correctly. I am a little concerned, because I'm not entirely sure her teacher is dominant enough to deal with Marian.  I am at a loss myself sometimes with this kid, so I don't fault the teacher for being perplexed as to how to work with her.  The teacher told me that when she asked Marian to do something Marian did not want to do, Marian hissed at her.  Am I a bad mother for laughing?

2 comments:

Megan said...

Isn't it fun to have a perplexing child???? I have one of those. I dread conferences, because I'm scared of what the teacher will say. I always just remember how much I love my child and how much Heavenly Father loves my child and this is a temporary condition in life.

Wendy and Rick said...

That's great. I love that she hissed. I would have died laughing. But I am a bad mother. hee hee!