It was nice to not have far to travel. It was wonderful to enjoy excellent food with good company. It was great to not have to cook and to still get lots of yummy leftovers. I love Dan's cousin!
Unfortunately, towards the evening, I realized I was coming down with something. I had a terrible headache on the way home, which was not helped by a crying Rylee. (An hour seems to be her limit in the car.) Thursday night was a rotten one. I had a fever and sore joints. My throat hurt and my head hurt. I couldn't sleep because it hurt to swallow and it hurt to roll over, and it was just a miserable night for me.
I woke up yesterday feeling horrible. Fortunately, I got to wake up at 9am. Dan got up with the kids. When I staggered downstairs, Dan was serving them all french toast. Dan had picked up the livingroom, put dishes away and cleaned the kitchen. What a fantastic man I have!
I was able to take 2 naps and I pretty much did nothing all day. Dan kept an eye on the kids, did Marian's hair, and he even fed them dinner during my evening nappy-poo. I think he raked leaves as well, but I wan't really paying attention to the world around me.
In the afternoon when the kids were getting restless, I pulled out the game Blokus, which is one of the few kid-friendly games we have. I played with Joshua and Callie and then let the kids play alone. It eventually deteriorated to just Callie and Delaney playing. I was feeding Rylee and I overheard Callie exclaim, "I'm having so much fun with my best friend playing!" That just melted my heart! I love that my little girls have been playing together so happily lately. I love that Callie and Delaney are becoming best friends. The kids have done really well the last few days with all of them home.
Today I am much better. No fever, no horrible headache. Nothing but a residual sore throat thats a hundred times better than it was yesterday. (I'm so thankful for my essential oils for helping to kick that!)
So, I am thankful for a wonderful husband. I am thankful that he is a great dad. I am thankful for children who have been getting along really well. I am thankful for family. I am especailly thankful for Dan's cousin! I am thankful for tasty dinners and yummy leftovers. I am thankful to be healthy today. I am thankful to have parents serving a mission in Kenya. I am thankful to have neat siblings who I love. I am truly grateful to have marvelous in-laws who I love. I am thankful that I could go to a baptism this morning. I am thankful that Rylee has discovered her thumb and is sleeping 4-5 hours at night now. I am thankful for pie and for turkey sandwiches.
I better stop, but I have a lot to be grateful for.

No comments:
Post a Comment