Marian's class was going to have a Field Day and Luau Picnic this week. Unfortunately, Mother Nature refused to cooperate and it poured rain the day before and the day of the event. The Field Day got cancelled, but the Luau Picnic was still on.... it was just held in the classroom.

My silly Marian, enjoying her lunch. I was excited to meet her friend who she talks a lot about. She doesn't talk about anyone else, and does not like anyone else or consider them her friends. Except for this one boy. So it was nice to see who she chatters about. He was a cute kid and I can see why she'd be friends with him.

Making a face for me. She was pleased to have us all there to show off for. It was a little crazy in the room, with so many parents and kids and excitement. But it was a good time.

Callie and Delaney had a blast checking out the different centers in the room. I do not remember this much cool stuff when I was in
kindergarten!!

Delaney loved this baby. She was so cute, rocking it and feeding it and holding it.

And here is Marian getting her certificate. Let me mention that I love her teacher. She has had a wonderful teacher and aid this year. I have been really impressed with them.
And now today Callie and I celebrated our birthdays. Dan leaves tomorrow, so we figured we better get in the cake and ice cream before he left. So we did. Callie decided we needed to open presents first though!

Callie said everyone could help her open her gifts, and her brother and sisters were happy to help out. (Callie is happy to have a new blanket that's big enough to cover her now!)

They were all enthralled by Callie's gifts, and for the last hour they have alternated between playing very nicely with them and fighting over them. I think the cutest thing was watching Joshua comb the Dora the Explorer doll's hair!

And gasp! Dan actually took pictures, so here I am! He did not get a shot of my new serving platter, but I can tell you I was beyond happy with it! I must have company soon so I can use it and show it off! (Thanks Terry!)
No comments:
Post a Comment