Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, June 13, 2009

How to be the Coolest Kid in School

Joshua got to go to a birthday party today.  Not only did he get to go have fun, he got to go there in a Hummer Limousine!  Yeah, how cool is that?! Apparently a Laser Tag place here offers that as part of their Party Package.  So us moms only had to drive to the school to drop off the kids, and 3 hours later we showed up and picked them up. I was definitely glad I did not have to drive through traffic to take him to the laser tag place.  And he had a great time. Great time?  I mean he had the BEST time ever. 

Here is the cool limo.  Joshua ran over to take this shot before the boys all piled in.

I snapped a quick picture as Joshua jumped in.  The boys were all quite impressed.  As were us grown ups!


I am not the coolest mom, although I think maybe I did have a fairly successful Activity Day today.  I seem to make the same error over and over though. I think the girls can do more than they really can and I do not realize that 8+ girls is maybe more than I really can deal with by myself!  

Today we made Caramel Biscuits, and that was our refreshment.  We also made The Pioneer Woman's amazing Apple Dumplings.  I honestly did not expect to have so many girls, and it was pretty chaotic.  I didn't expect them all to be chatting at the top of their lungs all at once throughout the entire thing either.  And I can't add, and ended up short on some rolls, which left Lauren with incomplete dumplings.  Sigh. I did expect my kids to be underfoot (since Dan is out of town and I'm single-parenting it for another week.), but they actually did better than I expected, till the last 15 minutes, when they saw food being eaten.  It was wild and crazy, but I think the girls had fun. And it was a fairly easy clean up.  The girls just prepped the dumplings and then took a pan of dumplings with them to cook and consume at home. 

I am now exhausted  from it all and very, very grateful for Tasha's mom, who stayed and was a huge help.  Sometimes I don't think these things all the way through, or I don't quite expect the outcome I get!  Thank goodness the girls just seem to need to get together and the actual activity is not very important. It was a good time for all!

And now, on to what Callie and Delaney have been spending as much time as possible doing... swimming!
I have set this pool up so many times in the last 2 weeks!  I have to move it every few days because it kills the grass if it sits in one place too long.  The girls LOVE having the slide into the pool and they have played out there for hours.  Heck, that's what they are doing right now!

Silly Callie!  She went down this slide every possible way- head first, feet first, on her belly, on her back.... you name it, she did it.

And anything Callie did, Delaney did too!

These girls crack me up!  They put on their suits and go outside and I hear screaming and giggling and they just have a ball.  It makes me so happy to see them play together so well.  They really have a good time.  Then, of course, they come dripping in and out, in and out and then they cry when I make them stay in. But what a great way to wear them out!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness aren't those apple dupplings to die for! I made them too, sooooooo good. I had to give them away so I wouldn't eat them all.

Jen said...

I love joshua's long hair, It's really cute.

Anonymous said...

Your family is so awesome and growing up so much! Glad to know that Japan ain't the only one down poor with the rain. Tell Callie her and Delany can come over anytime and play in the rain.

Carrie Johanson said...

Thanks for all your work on Activity days! It's a lot of work, and often under-appreciated.