I love it when I don't pay attention to the weather and get surprised with snow. Not really, but its better than knowing its coming, I think. Sunday was gray and icky and drizzly. By the evening (when I had to go out to a baptism), it was snowing slush. I did watch the news that night to see what was in store with the weather- snow and more snow. So, no school for the kids on Monday.
They were
ecstatic. I was not. I'm not sure why. I mean, Joshua only came in to run to the bathroom and for a short lunch break. Other than that, he was out in the snow. Marian was in and out a bit, but she wasn't harassing her sisters when she was inside. Dan had the day off as well.He had to get up at Zero dark hundred to call in and the word was a 2 hour delay. So, at 8am, he was getting ready to go in to work and his boss called just as he was walking out the door and said, "stay home." Whew! It snowed till about noon.

Here is my manly hubby, shoveling the walk. He did the driveway too, and helped the neighbor clear out her car, since she did have to head in to work.

This is to prove that we DO dress Delaney for the weather. See- boots, hat, mittens, jacket.....

I know, this is an entirely different outfit, down to the jacket and mittens. Delaney
likes to change clothes frequently! I wanted to show you that this is what she does after she's been out for 10 minutes. First she pulls off the hat. Next go the mittens, and last comes the jacket. She just tosses them on the ground.

5 minutes after she sheds her warm stuff, she's not having fun anymore. She was crying, but stopped when I pulled out the camera. I know, her hair is a mess. It got worse too, when it got stuck in her runny nose and dried. Gross. This is why she has to have her hair done, but it wasn't worth the fight yet then!

Here is Joshua and his friends. They took cardboard boxes and big
Tupperware totes and made snow bricks to make an Igloo. They worked on it all afternoon and did a pretty good job. It was a "roofless" igloo.

I'll have you know Marian unzips her jacket and refuses to keep it zipped. She is wearing boots, mittens and a hat, so I do not complain. Neither does she. This is the half finished "Igloo". They packed the snow so tight, the thing may stand till summer! They got all the sides up pretty high and had a marvelous time. Poor Joshua came in around 5pm, just red cheeked, blood-shot eyes, and exhausted. He was so cold too, he had to take a hot shower to warm up and even then he complained he was cold. He sure went to bed easy though!
Today it was back to school, but a 2 hour delay. The 2 hour delay is just silly, but it meant I got to sleep in and had time to drag my feet. It also meant squabbling in the morning which we do not usually have.
3 comments:
I remember as a kid, being able to spend hours outside in the snow. Now its hard for me to stay out there for more than 10 minutes.
And it looks like the snow level in the yard dropped a bit after the kids started working on the igloo!
Wow you got a lot of snow. My kids have not been without snow for over a year, Drew doesn't even know what it is, I feel a little sad for him. I don't miss living in it though.
SOOOO FUN!!!
My kids are feeling so cheated, we rubbed it in because we're mean ("look, the kids in VA have a snow day today.") cackle cackle cackle...
Post a Comment