Well, I always intend to post 2-3 times a week. I'm sure the 3 of you who await with bated breath to see if I have posted will be happy today. It has been a week of high highs and interesting lows. I'll mention just a few things that have kept me busy so far:
The van went into 'park' after Church on Sunday and refused to come out. This was bad. However, I amazed and impressed myself. I read the manual, and figured out how to get it out of its "shift-lock". I then came to the conclusion that other electrical issues could indicate a blown fuse. I discovered that this was the case, replaced the fuse, and viola! The van is working! I think I am so brilliant sometimes! Unfortunately, the next day the "check engine" light came on, and I have to decide if I really do need to get it checked. Sigh.
The oven finally frightened me enough to stop using it. It wasn't always getting hot, yet the house was smelling of gas. Not a good combo. I finally called it in and they sent the fantastic maintenance guy over to fix it. He's my new favorite person, and he fixed the oven in 15 minutes. I had 2 meals sitting in the fridge just waiting for the opportunity to be cooked. I had made Dan go get pizza one night because I was afraid of the oven. So now we're back to home cooked meals.
One of my children, who has been potty trained for a significant amount of time is suddenly having issues. No one likes a smelly kid, and this child has been smelly waaay too many times this week. I have a no-cleaning policy. If one of the kids poops in their underwear, I'm not cleaning it; it goes in the trash. So I'll be buying new underpants for this child. And Dan is getting cross and concerned with the frequency of these accidents. I'm more concerned with the nonchalance of the child towards the issue.
I had the very unpleasant opportunity of going in to have a ginormous sebaceous cyst removed from my back. I had a great doctor who did not mock my neurosis and silly fears and he did a nice job. Still, its not a fun thing, and my back really hurt for about 24 hours. He said I could take Tylenol, but I discovered we had none. I still have stitches in my back, but its feeling fine now and I no longer wake up every time I roll over at night.
I had Activity Day on Wednesday night. For those of you unfortunate enough to have never played the game of "Curses", I will merely say, it was a very entertaining evening! I laughed much and the girls did too. And I still got home in time to see most of Survivor!
Marian had a homework assignment. Part of it was for her to either write or draw workers in our community. She did not want to do it. ( big surprise.) She finally buckled down and scribbled some interesting, yet indecipherable "pictures" and told me it was the post man and the garbage man. I wrote that translation for the teacher and left it like that. She does draw some spectacular pictures, she's just a pill!
Dan has been reading "Amelia Bedelia" books to the girls at night and it is the cutest thing ever! Okay, that actually saves me time, but it was worth mentioning!
I got to go to Enrichment last night. I love gabbing with all my friends. And there are so many cool people in this ward that there are quite a few ladies I would love to get to know better, but there's just not enough time! So I stayed late and talked and had a marvelous time. And, I didn't puke or even think I might yesterday. Life is looking up!
I checked on Delaney last night at 10pm, before I went to bed. She was sleeping sweetly. I went in to wake her up at 8am and she was nowhere to be found. Almost as alarming was the stench of vomit, and the copious amounts of that nasty stuff all over her bed. I looked all over her room for her and finally hollered for the other kids to see if they had seen her. Then I heard a sad cry. Poor little Delaney had apparently removed her clothes and crawled under the bed after emptying her tummy. It was so sad and pathetic. And gross.
So, that's what I have been up to. And now it is 9am on a Friday and I am unshowered and in my PJs still. Good thing I have absolutely nowhere I need to be today!!
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

5 comments:
Are you sure you're ready for one more?
Poo and vomit--what a week! This next week will be better, I am sure of it!
"What a week" is right - and I'm duly impressed by your wicked automotive skillz! Even if I thought problems were because of a blown fuse, I would have no idea what fuses look like or where to look for them if I could identify them, let alone try to replace one.
Potties and cysts and vomit - oh my. Hopefully next week will have fewer of these unpleasantries. :-)
Oh, and many many kudos to you for using "bated" (NOT "baited") correctly!
What a week! I hope this one does better. I hope all bodily functions stay contained!
Post a Comment