Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Slacking

I like to post pictures.  That's the main point of blogging.  Well, that or being fantastically witty or wise.  Thus, I stick to the pictures.  Unfortunately, there are no pictures on the Apple, and that's what I'm using now.  We need to get a memory card reader so I can download pix to this computer and then I can post something interesting.

For now, let me just say that I am glad tomorrow is Monday and 2 of my children will be off to school.  I seem to have lost control in the last week or 2 and its hard work to regain it.  Marian is fighting more with Callie, and Callie has the scratch marks to prove it.  However, I have no idea when it happened, because Callie didn't complain.  It is possible the scratches came from when they were actually playing nicely.  Marian and Callie pretend to be puppies or kittens or tigers and crawl around with occasional snarls and such.  I will allow that the snarling and scratching may have gotten a little too real.  However, the "Shut-up"s and kicking are real enough and need to stop.

Joshua is now complaining about everything.  The very sad thing is that I recall doing the very same thing when I was a kid. "She's staring at me!  Make her stop!"  "She's annoying me!  Make her stop!"  It gets pretty old, pretty fast.  He's being pretty disrespectful to me as well lately and that really needs to stop.  He did spend a good part of the afternoon in his room, but its going to take more than that.  So this week I think I will have to be the mean mom and see if I can regain some control and get my sweet children back.

Delaney.... well, I don't quite know what I'm going to do with her.  I thought I had the cupboards latched securely, but alas, tis not the case.  She poured out some of my essential oils this week.  She got the salt and pepper shakers and destroyed Dan's yummy bread pudding (LOVE the Pioneer Woman's recipe).  She got into the bandaids and ripped most of them open and trashed the bathroom with the wrappers.  She has spilled more water than I care to clean up, and gone through more outfits than I care to wash.  She's wearing me out!  She has also decided she doesn't want her hair done anymore.  As soon as I start she shouts "Ouch!  Hurt!  Go WAY!"  And I'm not even touching her.  Silly pickle.

So, I am committing right now to be more vigilant.  To stop the bad behavior in the beginning and regain the love and peace that may never have existed here at all!  So let it be written; so let it be done!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Good luck! I've been a slacker mom this last week. I blame it on sleepless nights with a sick baby boy. Poor kid, he has an ear infection, and a sleep deprived mom.

The Halls said...

The spray bottle has worked wonders for me in disciplining my kids. They get a warning first for bad behavior and then I put the bottle on stream and spray their forhead or cheek. They hate that. Even Silas is a fairly obedient 2 year old because of it. If I threaten to use the spray bottle he reforms quickly and stops what he is doing.

Sharon said...

I now how you feel. Drew is not going to let me post my comment. HOw do you like your mac? Can't you hook up your usb cord to your camera and to your mac? Taht's what I do with Mark's computer. And import into Iphoto. Or do you have a printer with a memoray card reader? YOu can download that way to.