
Six week old Marian.
At 2 1/2 years old, she was something else. Lots of fun and a neat kid. She threw some colossal tantrums, but mostly was sweet and easy-going. She is still a lot like that!
Marian wanted a lion cake for her birthday. I made a decent attempt at it. I was short on time to get everything done, and I did not notice till I got started frosting, that I had orange gel frosting, NOT orange frosting coloring. So I tried to wing it on the orange thing. It was fairly unsuccessful, but Marian was pleased with the cake.
She liked the presents even better. And in case anyone is wondering.... do NOT buy anything labeled "sidewalk paint"! Its messy, messy,messy. More than that, its not very user friendly.
And that was Marian's birthday. We did have a few neighbor friends stop by for cake, but I did not want to do a full on party. It went well, and Marian was happy with her day, other than she wanted an Easter Egg Hunt and I didn't do one. I figured that can wait till Easter!


4 comments:
I think that the Lion cake is beautiful. I am still amazed at my friends who can create such beautiful things. I agree with the sidewalk paint--we had experience with it a couple of summers ago and it is horrible.
Cool cake!! i could never in a million years do that! Marian is so beautiful! And getting so big! I can't believe it!!
Happy birthday Marian!!! I love the cake! Grrrrr!
The time does go. I can relate to that.
I remember when she was in Nursery, can't believe how big she's getting.
By the way, I tried the BBQ beef cups. They were really good, I added more BBQ sauce too. I think they would be great to take to ward activities for pot lucks!
Post a Comment