Dan left on Sunday for a lovely training trip for 2 weeks. Callie started preschool (co-op with 5 other moms in the ward) yesterday, and Joshua and Marian are on their second week of school. Add to that the fact that we've nearly reached our month mark for being here, and that spells time for trouble.
Callie has had several complete meltdowns. Marian is sleepwalking a lot more, which worries me and wakes me up at night. Delaney has whined twice as much and did so for a solid hour tonight. Actually, she spent most of the day whimpering and crying. Joshua has been great, although he hates Spanish. I'm so tired of all the drama!
As an aside that's fairly random, I stayed up to watch a season premier of a show I'd never heard of- "the Fringe". Or maybe it was just called "Fringe"; Either way, I should have gone to bed. But I didn't. That's what I do when Dan is not home. I stay up late. I had gotten a season of a TV show that I love and Dan mocks me about, and I will not mention it here, but it came in Netflix, and I stupidly watched all 4 episodes on that DVD in one night. Yep, a 1am bedtime for me. So I think you get the picture that I make poor decisions when I am left without adult supervision.
Add to that a crummy diet. Come on, who wants to cook good stuff for 4 kids who don't care and mostly won't eat it. Its hard on my ego and makes too many leftovers. We had Kraft Mac & Cheese and hot dogs tonight. I did make Garlic Pasta and Chicken Enchaladas as well this week. But there is the slight matter of Chocolate Truffle Pie, also. The kids each had 2 small pieces- one for snack and one for dessert to celebrate Joshua's birthday. I have had 3 large slices and there is one piece left. Its for me, in case you were wondering.
All these poor habits have caused me to get sick. Yep, I have a head cold and I am miserable. My nose is runny, my head hurts and i feel yucky. And I'm alone. did I mention that?! Yeah, Dan left and life fell apart. That is why I blog. So I can do my own complaining. And now maybe I'll go eat the last piece of pit and rot my brain in front of the TV. Why? Because I am alone.
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

5 comments:
So what does it say about me when I eat nothing but junk food and I can't even blame it on my children, because I have none?
It will get better, love! Dan will return, Josh will start to love Spanish, Marian will stay in bed all night, Callie will calm down and Delaney will only whine when absolutely necessary. And you won't even have to slip your children some Benadryl (though that may be a good starting point). :-) Prayers for you!
Well to help out, you can send the kids out here for a break or you can come. Atlest it will give ya some peace. Then you will totally miss the stress and want to return earily.
An idea on the sleep walking, does she do it at a certain time of night. When Michael had night terrors the doctors told us to wake him up a little everynight, a little before they happened, (because they where about the same time.) It really helped. Just an idea.
I am exactly the same when Jonathan leaves. In fact, he left yesterday for the week and that morning I went to Sam's Club and bought corn dogs and taquitos. And although we normally go to bed at 9:30, I ended up staying up till 12:30. It is so good for me to know I'm normal. Love ya! :)
Rebecca, that is too funny. I do exactly the same thing when Jonathan is gone. In fact he left yesterday for the week and that morning I went to Sam's Club and bought corn dogs and taquitos. And although we normally go to bed at 9:30, I stayed up until 12:30. I have a horrid time falling asleep without him next to me. It is good to know I am not alone on this matter at least. :)
Post a Comment