I came home and read for a while before I tackled the job. The stupid water shut off valve so does not shut it off! I filled 2 buckets and used 3 towels to get all the water. Still, I persevered. I turned off the water, unscrewed the hose, set my bucket under the gushing stream and wrestled out the nasty old pump valve. And it was icky. Then I installed my new plastic one without the big balloon thing on it. Pretty nifty!
Check out this corroded balck thing. That's what billows oily black nastyness when you touch it, and I am not even going to mess with that. It can wait. Well, I hope it can wait. It may be why the water leaks, but I am so not touching it! I did MY duty!
And here is my lovely new toilet innards. See my new bendable toilet handle?! I may need to adjust it some more. It lets the flapper valve close too quickly. So far, nothing is leaking water anywhere, but I'll keep an eye on it. I'm quite impressed with myself! $15 and I fixed my toilet. I think I am so cool!
And in other news:
I let the kids go on a little treasure hunt. Sometimes I give a series of clues to find it, but I was lazy today. I hid something in the house and said go find it, and off they went. These funny glasses were their "treasure"! Aren't they a hoot?! Yes, Callie has no pants. That's what happens when I go to Lowe's and leave Daddy in charge. He's not yet back into the Daddy-groove yet.

6 comments:
Good job! It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it!
yeah Rebecca, you are SO COOL for fixing the toilet!! I've been amazed w/the things I find I can do being a home owner and not being able to call housing to come fix it! You are so fun to have treasure hunts! I'm taking notes, I feel like I forget/too exhausted to be fun most of the time...no clues though, I can do that. thanks!
Been cheering you on from here. Glad you showed that toilet who's boss! Hope you're enjoying your new home...even w/ all the new discoveries of things that need work.
Josh is growing up so fast he is loosing his round face and Callie and the no pants thing doesnt throw me!! I swear Madison hates clothes most of the time and I'm sitting back thinking I wanted a girly girl who loves clothes, shopping and other stuff. She likes to dig in our little garden/flowerbed play with cars but puts her snap and style dolls on top of the cars and acts like they are driving the cars! Hey oh well I guess that's another joy of motherhood =)
I am impressed! You are amazing. Good job.
I'm so proud of you it always feels good when we can do "man's" work. I hate that work, but it still is extra gratifying when you accomplish something that most men think they know how to fix but really can't. :-) If that makes any sense.
Post a Comment