I love that this one marches to the beat of her own drum.
I love this kid. She is in a class of her own, with her sparkly eyes and happy grin.
She is so mischevious and silly. When she smiles it makes the world brighter. She makes the funniest jokes because they are so not jokes at all and make no sense what so ever. that's why I laugh at them. I love how when her face lights up, it really makes everything around her light up. She has such a happy disposition and wants to be involved. She loves to help and to be loved.
I love this one too. She has been my most enjoyable baby. But now she's not such a baby anymore!
This one is an interesting contrast of caution and fearlessness. She wants to do whatever the big kids are doing. See this picture? That's my girl- way up high on this pretty tall slide, just a-swinging away, no care for the possibility of death or dismemberment. However, bring out a puppy and she cowers behind me. She is a tender hearted girl. When Callie was having a meltdown, Delaney brought over her blanket to comfor her. When Callie sat down and refused to follow me, Delaney walked over and held out her hand so Callie would hold it and walk with her. It so melts my heart to see these sweet acts of kindness and I hope she always has that impulse and follows it.
And now let me mention what we're enduring right now. I have lost control of bedtime. Marian use to put herself to sleep. Callie use to play quietly and then would fall asleep. Ever since we got here, One or both of them ends up on my floor at night, and Marian has still not spent an entire night in her bed. Last week both of them wanted me to pat-pat their backs for a bit. Stupid me, I did. Now they cry that I won't. Tonight I went with the tough love approach: They were in bed, I didn't want to see or hear them again.
Marian kept talking to me and I kept ignoring her and then I happened to catch the phrase, "Callie's foot is bleeding. I saw it." Well, doggone it, that I couldn't ignore. So upstairs I went and hauled Callie into the bathroom. Sure enough, her foot was bleeding.

1 comment:
the girls are cute!
Post a Comment