Joshua's birthday is coming up, so I thought I ought to do something special for that day. I figured he likes Chocolate Truffle Pie; I like Chocolate Truffle Pie; Dan's gone; I can pig out and not share much... a win-win situation everywhere but my hips. And hey, I ran yesterday, I ellipticalled today, I'll run tomorrow. Why do all that if not to allow myself to enjoy fattening up?!
So I made my incredibly rich and fantastic pie. And I learned something today. If you don't read the recipe beforehand and forget to melt the chocolate chips with the cream, and you try to do that later, after you've added the powdered sugar, it doesn't work so well. Fortunately, its chocolate and cream! You can't ruin it! Its just got extra chocolatey lumps in it!
Rich Chocolate Truffle Pie
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (milk choc works great too)
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (I use 2 cups)
1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust (ANY pie crust works. Its just the vehicle to get it into your mouth! I used a regular bake-before-you-use crust and its delish!)
In microwave dish combine chocolate chips and 1/2 of the cream. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. (Or melt on very low on the stove- that's hat I do) Cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar & vanilla. Set aside.
In small bowl, beat the rest of the cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high speed 1/3 at a time. Mix well and spoon into crust.
Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

2 comments:
thanks for posting this! maren's birthday is thursday and i am totally making this!!!!
Thanks for the recipe It looks delish and cant wait to make it. Tell Josh Happy B-Day late from us.
Post a Comment