There are so many trails in this area and I decided we needed to take advantage of it. So I declared Tuesdays to be Trail Day.

We drove to the trailhead I had found on the map. I was proud of myself for finding it, and off we went... with varying levels of enthusiasm.

The girls were bitterly disappointed in the trail. This is what it looked like- dry, brown, and just a dirt path across the mountain. It was hot and boring for them.

This kid had a good time. And so did I!

But we did hike out a ways. I had promised 20 minutes out, and 20 minutes back.
Thankfully we reached a small peak after 20 minutes, and got this glorious view.

These three felt the view was worth the effort. Delaney was a good sport, but she was not impressed at all. I still considered it a successful first effort.

No comments:
Post a Comment