Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Moving in

We did have about 30 minutes to run through the house before the trucks arrived.  It was not enough time to really make a plan, other than to establish who got which bedroom.  (Marian got the smallest because she's the minimalist. Callie got the middle size because she has more stuff and she's the one who will be evicted for company. Delaney and Rylee got the biggest room because they have to share.  Dan and I got the master bedroom that is weirdly downstairs.)

Hooray!  This is the truck with our UAB, or our Express shipment. They pretty much just unloaded and unwrapped most of it on the lawn and they were done in under an hour.  As they were wrapping up, the main shipment of HHG arrived on a much bigger truck.  This truck contains about 900 lbs of stuff.


This is how Ryle feels about having to fit everything in her new room.

This is what the living room looked like.

Ahh, here you can see the kitchen.  There is a long counter separating it from the family room where all the boxes are piled.

I have to say that the Okinawa packers did a marvelous job packing.Our stuff was remarkably intact and well packed.  However..... The labeled them like this.  It kind of says "kids" and "Diving" and I don't know what else.  Note that it does not tell you where it came from or anything else. How do I know where to put the box if I don't know what room it came from?!  All the boxes were like this.  And this box... well, it probably contained one pair of diving shoes, and some toys and desk items.  The stuff they wrote on the box was usually whatever item was on top and it could be anything!!

The game of "Guess What It Is" is a lot less fun when you really have to start with "Guess Where It Goes".  So most boxes ended up in the living room or the garage storage room because we just had no idea where it was suppose to go until we actually opened it.  Good times!

And then there were gems like this.  Apparently, in poorly written katakana, this actually says "weight". Funny enough, it contained 3 sets of hand weights inside a bucket.  But I'm still amused!

This kid was thrilled with the prolific critter life in the area.  I really need some photos of what's behind the backyard.  The girls think it is funny that we have coyote warning signs in our neighborhood.
 

No comments: