I know, it took us a while, but we finally made it out to the beach. Josh was the catalyst. He came to visit for the weekend! Hooray! He brought McKenna as well, and if you come to visit southern CA, of course you have go to the beach.

Some of the facilities at other places are closed, so I chose Gator Beach on Coronado, because I heard that there was parking and bathrooms. And there were. It was a nice beach!

We got there around 10am and there was plenty of parking and the beach was not crowded. I moseyed down the beach a little and this is what it looked like. Gorgeous!

Marian and I found this huge clam! It was still alive, so we poked it a little, took our pictur, and then left him alone. But it was still pretty cool.

The water was chilly, but that didn't stop Delaney

Josh and McKenna went in as well.

I walked down the beach. I love beach combing, but the shell options weren't great. However... there were sand dollars!! I love sand dollars! So I kept walking and looking for them.
30 minutes later, down the beach I found this. What fun!! I had a handful of sand dollars by then and decided it was time to head back. I was sunburning my shoulders.

The kids have been industrious while I was gone. Delaney is bringing more water in.

Rylee also hauled water in her little bucket.

They were building this magnificent structure.

And then it needed a hole in the middle

Ahhh, this is why it needed a hole in the middle!

Josh and Dan helped Rylee in and out of the hole.

It was so fun!

And then Delaney needed a turn.

This goober hammed it up. I loves him!
Oh, here are the details next to the volcano. Photo for posterity!
And then it was time to go. Rylee's boogie-board was trying to fly away in the wind!
We had a really fun day at the beach. Josh and I got sunburned, but everyone else was good. The van didn't get too sandy and no one whined or cried. So it was a great day!




No comments:
Post a Comment