I have been sewing again! I wanted to try making a scrappy blanket. So I did. I just sewed scraps onto flannel and then hemmed the edges. Easy peasy. Although it was a good a bit of work. But is it really work when it is this much fun?!
I had this awesome Japanese backing and finally put it on this blanket. I forgot how much I dislike working with batting. But it came out really cute.
Then I tried making a more manly scrappy blanket. There really is a shortage of usable manly colors of kimonos, so it is a lot harder to make boy baby blankets, and everyone seems to be having baby boys right now! I made this for a lady I met at the church and I wanted it to be special. I love how it came out. The backing is blue with white polkadots.
I did the strips of kimono on flannel and it was no longer as satisfying as it was before. Now I just want to put scraps together!
So I did. I did another boy blanket so I have one ready.
The back however.... is a bit messier looking. I need a deeper plush flannel to hide the seams!
I did the strips of kimono on flannel and it was no longer as satisfying as it was before. Now I just want to put scraps together!
So I did. I did another boy blanket so I have one ready.
The back however.... is a bit messier looking. I need a deeper plush flannel to hide the seams!

No comments:
Post a Comment