Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Marine Corps Ball 2015

 This year our Ball was on Nov 20th.  Dan had a work event before it, where they promoted one of the people in his office.  For the promotion, they went down to the gym, where the Balls are held (Since it is the only facility large enough to hold the Balls and they split them into 3 separate ones!), and where Tun Tavern was set up.

I had my hair done by one of our lovely sister missionaries who had been a hair dresser prior to her mission and she did a marvelous job.  I was really hoping for pictures this year, but sadly, it did not happen.  Fortunately, between the pre-mingling and the dinner, one of my friends took a fabulous photo of us and that made me very happy.  I waited too long and the lights went out before I got a chance to get any pictures with my friends, so that didn't happen.  Sigh.

The cool Tun Tavern facade set up in front of the gym.

At the promotion, looking super-cool in their Dress Blues. 

Dan and his shop. 

My selfie of me, all dressed up and ready to go. 

Sorry, I wanted a picture of my hair, but this was the best I could get, with kids taking the picture!! 

 I did snap this shot during the guest speaker's speech.

 And this was the photo my friend took of the 2 of us.


No comments: