It started with a dramatic reading of The Grinch, and it was well done, but the cafeteria was jam packed with people and I hate crowds. Next we broke off to visit different classrooms. They had 6 or so different rooms set up with a story reader and you could choose which 2 rooms to visit based on which story you wanted to hear. That probably would have been fun, but all the rooms were packed to capacity, and we weren't even late. And I hate crowds. The whole thing was too crowded for me.
We did get to listen to a fabulous "Pirates Night Before Christmas" which is now on my Christmas list. I was less enthusiastic about the Gingerbread Man story. And then when we all went back to the cafeteria for the promised cocoa and cookies, they had not anticipated such a crowd and lacked sufficient cookies. I wasn't too sad because they were not great cookies and I didn't mind giving mine up. The cocoa was yummy though and I enjoyed it. The kids got a free book and they got a bookmark from Santa on the way out. So I guess it wasn't a bad activity, just much too crowded for me.
Callie found herself the only remaining seat in the classroom!
Rylee was thrilled that her friends were there and she got to hang out with them for this story.
Rylee was willing to pose with Santa and Mrs. Clause.
Rylee's best friend Milly, photobombing her.
Delaney was the only kid of mine who wore pajamas to the event, although a lot of other kids did. And check out her choice of free book!

No comments:
Post a Comment