Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, February 27, 2015

Super Fun Day!

Last Friday I hung out with my awesome friend Corinna.  She promised to take me out to see some fun stuff, and she delivered!  We went to the most amazing hole-in-the-wall antique/thrift store and we spent a long time browsing through all sorts of fun things randomly stacked around.  It was so much fun!  I was not really to spend $30 on the fabulous ninja sword I liked, but I got a sweet set of mini kokeshi dolls for $5.

We roamed the Kintai area and I saw all sorts of neat shops.  We ordered some custard filled pancakes and perused a fruit stand which had a jar of honey I could not live without.  And oranges.  I got a bunch of yummy mikon oranges.

Next we went to lunch.  Oh my!  She showed me her favorite Udon place and it was surprisingly tasty. I had not been impressed with my prior Udon experience, and this was so much better.  And the tempura..... be still my heart!   After we giggled our way through lunch she took me to a food supply store.  It was kind of like a small shop that sold bulk foods, and a good variety of them as well.  It was great to be there with someone who knew what a lot of the foods were and could tell me about them. I have discovered a source for bulk yeast and awesome appetizers. Oh, and lots of odd things like squid and octopus. Alas, we ran out of time about then and had to go home.  I had a very good time.

Some of the things in the fun antiquey shop.

Me and my new friend!  Awesome carved mask with the "hair" on that guy being the natural roots.  Way cool! 

This is what the front of the shop looks like.  So I can find it again!

The little fruit stand was fun, and it had a box of this!  These are balls of... mochi and are made out of rice.  They are rather popular.

Curry Udon.  I know, sounds odd, but very delish. 

 Plus the tasty chicken, pork (that was a surprise!), and squash tempura, and rice ball.  So good!

Look what the food store had! 

And this is just for my dad.  Awesome!

Check it out!  More American stuff.... but triple the cost, ouch!

I have no idea what this is, but I may need to get it!

Mmmmm, this, I can do without.

Another familiar item.

And these are Grrrrreat!

No comments: