The pie was simple to make. I was a little concerned that I maybe should have used a regular pie crust, rather than a deep-dish, but this bad boy rose up delightfully, and filled the deep dish nicely. The kids were delighted to help make the pie and even more delighted to help with the candy snacking. They were excited to eat the pie as well.
Consensus was: Meh. Some loved it, some did not, and some said it was just "good". It was good, but I probably won't make it again for me. It has a good wow factor, but I think needs to be served warm with ice cream. And while it is good, it isn't fabulous and I'd rather spend my energy and calories on fabulous. So, 3 out of 5 stars for this one.
The uncooked pie. There is candy mixed into the batter, plus some pressed into the top.
The finished product. It does make a lovely pie!

No comments:
Post a Comment