I shall now point out that Marian struggling in school and was failing math last year. Yep, completely and utterly bombing it. I had to hire a tutor, because the school refused to do anything that was not explicitly on an IEP, and then they dragged their feet all year and finally produced and IEP a month before school was out. Hmmm, yep, I'm still very angry and bitter about all that. But the bottom line is, they sucked, and my lovely girl was not doing well at all. She was miserable and barely made it out of 5th grade by the skin of her teeth, and due to her amazing tutor.
This year.... total opposite. I think she would not have even needed the stupid IEP had we been here. Her teacher is marvelous and the school staff is marvelous and my girl is thriving! It is the most amazing thing to see it! And, she is doing well. So well, that she missed having a 3.0 for the semester by a point! Her teacher emailed me to tell me she barely missed it. She said that had they done quarterly numbers, she'd have had it. But they didn't.
So at the Award Ceremony they held last week, Marian received the "Most Improved award". Only one kid from each class got it and it was Marian. She truly is a completely different child in this school and I want to hug her teacher every time I think of her.
Callie is a diligent and conscientious student. She got the certificate for having a GPA between 3.5-4.0. And I am proud of her. She is a smart kid, but she also works hard tries her best. It is a good combination and I love that about her.
(This event was only for the 4-6th graders and Delaney was so sad she was not included and that she received no awards. I found out they don't use the number and point scale for the younger grades. But Delaney is doing spectacularly well. )
I was sitting on the wrong side of the room and totally missed Marian collecting the award.
If you look close, you can see she has s real, actual smile!
Callie getting hers.
My kids so do not like being the center of attention! But there's Callie on the end.
And then I got to go to the High School's Award thing as well. Josh had a GPA between 3.5 and 4.0 and I have no idea what they called that, since the schools call them separate things, and I can't be bothered to keep track of whatever Honor-Principal-Commande List/Roll it is. But I was proud of my boy because he pretty much is a self starter and self motivator- although his motivation has been waning.
Here he is, heading to the front. Check out the awesome shirt!
Handshake and pose. I was too lazy to walk to the front for the money shot. I just wanted Joshua to know I was there and loved him enough to be willing to sit through 90 minutes of clap, clapping boredom just for this moment! I love this kid!
And I thought you might enjoy this! Partly because I have to make the money spent on this uniform count, and also because Rylee pulled those awesome knee socks (which are mine) up over her leggings. They are adorable higher than thigh-highs on her and cracked me up.

No comments:
Post a Comment