Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, November 22, 2013

Murphy's Law

Yesterday was the special day at school when the parents are invited to join the kids for lunch and they have a traditional Thanksgiving fare, although they manage to make it look nothing like what it is.  I went out to hang out in the cafeteria and enjoy some time with my kids.  Since it was overcast, I carried my umbrella.  I hauled that darned umbrella around with me for 2 hours, and carted it home, never needing it.

Today, Joshua had a special Thanksgiving lunch for his grade and parents were invited.  Rylee and I went out to enjoy the festivities.  As I left the house, I considered grabbing an umbrella, since I was carrying a bag, and could easily haul it around with me.  The sky was lovely and blue, so I left without an umbrella.

You know where this is going, don't you?

I spent 2 hours at school with Joshua and his class.  I served finger sandwiches and rolls to about 100 students and to some parents.  I got to enjoy my own yummy lunch with my favorite son and I got to giggle at the antics of my youngest child as the girls in Joshua's class tried to entice her to play.  Since Joshua wasn't going to be doing anything but watching a movie after the party, I checked him out of school 2 hours early.

As we walked to the front door, I noticed it was raining.  Not just drizzling, but huge drench-you-in-2-drops raining.  And I had 2 children, a bag with a pie in it, and NO umbrella.  And we had 1/3 a mile to go to get home.

Sigh.

Fortunately, there is a happy ending!  I ran into Callie's teacher, who loaned us a good sized umbrella (which I will return when I go back at 3:30 to pick up Callie!), and Joshua scoured the lost and found and came up with a giant green umbrella.  We managed to get home without getting soaked.

No comments: