Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, November 29, 2013

How We do Thanksgiving.... Part One





This year, we made the nearly last minute decision to go up to Vicksburg to hang out with my brother Andy and his family for Thanksgiving. I was easily persuaded to go there when I learned that my sister Miranda and her family (to include her brand new baby boy!)  were going to come down as well.  And when he heard where the party was going to be, my dad decided to make the trek down for a few days.  Yay!  All my favorite things in one place:  Family, food and Pie!

Delaney was so pleased to hold her new cousin, Alex. 

Joshua put his brain power into creating a Tardis and here he is proudly showing off his creation.

Aunt Miranda was so cute, letting her boys cook with her.  Camden was a pretty decent helper, but Ethan... maybe not so much.  (But he sure is adorable in his Charlie Brown shirt!)

Rylee is posing with the pretty little snake.  the snake is quite the popular fellow with the kids.




Callie wanted a turn holding the baby, but she's in a no-photo phase and would not smile for me!




Isn't Alex a cutie pie?!!

The little kids got along fairly well.  I think they were enjoying a movie here.




Uncle Dan brought this fabulous cardboard castle and the kids had SO much fun coloring it.

Aren't Delaney's pants awesome?!!  It was 75 degrees at home when I packed, and the day we drove up, the temp dropped to the 40s and has stayed there. However, it means I did not pack appropriately and Delaney had to borrow some long pants.  (Oops!)

Here is the nearly finished Castle.  Callie and Rylee were so pleased with it!  Pretty cool, huh?

Hanging with cousins, waiting for snack.  I love these kids!

A pre-bed game of duck-duck-goose.  So fun to watch!

Uncle Andy made a great horsie.  But he had waaaay more kids on him than any real horse would tolerate.

Uncle Dan was also quite popular as a climbing toy.

Oops, looks like the kids got him!




Grandpa did not escape unscathed.  I think we had to pull the children off him to get them to stop piling on.

Looks like he enjoyed it though!

No comments: