Some of you may know I have been visiting the acupuncturist because I have stupid Plantar fasciitis that won't leave me alone. Now I'm pretty sure no one actually enjoys being poked with needles, and most find it uncomfortable. I tend to be fairly neurotic about needles. Or I guess I use to be. Now that I've been getting allergy shots each week for the past year, I have accepted that it is okay to be uncomfortable for a second to receive a better result. I wasn't concerned about acupuncture though. I know the needles are super-tiny and don't hurt.
Well, they usually don't hurt! When I went in the first time, they lovely lady told me it would sting going in because of all the nerves in the feet. She wasn't kidding! About 4 or so of those needles hurt going in. They only hurt for a minute, then all is well. Out of the 15+ needles she put in, only a few actually hurt. And since I have been back for 3 more visits since then, well, it must have been worth it to me! If you have never tried acupuncture, it is pretty simple. You tell them what the problem is and they poke needles into areas that should help fix it. You lie there for 30 minutes, then they come and remove the needles and you are done. Again, it does not hurt at all during that 30 minutes.
I brought my camera with me on Saturday for my most recent visit. Since my foot has improved so much, they said I needed fewer needles and they wouldn't hurt going in at all because they wouldn't be going in as deep. I was suspicious, but it was true! Whew!
Here I am, being a pincushion:

1 comment:
I was starting to feel like a pincusion from all my needle pokes the last few days, but that is nothing compared to your foot. I am glad it is helping-- especially since the podiatrist didn't.
Post a Comment