Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fishy Fun

Monday was Veteran's Day and I had not planned to do anything.  Dan planned to take advantage of some of the freebies to military and was going to go to lunch with some of the kids.  I discovered that the Zoo and Aquarium were both going to be free to military that day.  So I gave up nap time to take the kids (and Dan!) to the aquarium.  We met at the ferry and sailed across the river to New Orleans and enjoyed the aquarium.  The kids had a surprisingly good time and were really good.  It was a nice day out as a family and I enjoyed it a lot more than I had expected.

Hamming it up on the giant shark mouth.

Delaney striking a pose with the seahorse.

And we can't forget the frog.  Must climb on it.

Sure, why not see if everyone can fit on it for a photo.  Yeah, those are my kids.  I let them climb on everything and annoy everyone else.  Actually, the place was not crowded at all, thank goodness!

No waiting to pet the sting rays.  The kids loved this.


They rearranged their play area and there was this faux fishing boat which the kids really enjoyed.  Rylee loved "catching" fish.


We meandered down the river walk a bit.  Here's Rylee being sneaky and silly.

Did I mention the climbing thing?  3 kids up in a tree, and 2 begging for a boost.

My cute Delaney.

View of Nola from across the river, as we headed  home.

No comments: