Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

How to ruin your sleep

It has been hot in Arkansas.  106 degrees of hot most days.  It is hot at night, and that makes it harder to sleep.  So I have been quite cross to have lost sleep for other reasons.

What other reasons?  Well, as I was drifting off to sleep the other night, I felt a tick.  I know, Ick Factor of 100%.  Not only did I have to deal with that, but I had to deal with weird buggy dreams, and I had to freak out over every itchy feeling.  There's nothing like spending all night wondering if more nasty things are crawling on you.

And adrenaline is not conducive to sleep.  When I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I'm bleary eyed and lacking contact lenses or glasses.  When in a stupor of sleepy autopilot, I  grab a peice of toilet paper and end up with a daddy long legs in addition to the important papers.... well, how would you feel?  I know it was nearly impossible to fall back asleep after I finally calmed my racing heart.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Poor Rebecca! All three of those things suck, but to have them all happen at the same time is even worse!

Bryn said...

Yuck is right! I hear the tick problem is bad in the midwest right now. Lyme disease is way up. Be careful!