I figured you might be happy to know we arrived safely home. It was a loooong 12 hour day of travel, and we did it all in one shot. The kids were marvelous and the dog was great. We stopped every 2 hours so Levi could get out and go to the bathroom, and it worked out really well. We found some decent places to let him (and us!) stretch the legs, and we discovered that yes, you can use a McDonald's parking lot, but I wouldn't recommend it. I had my book on tape and it kept me entertained and able to drive. It wasn't a memorable trip, which is a good thing. Just miles and miles and hours and hours of moving along.
With 2 empty seats in the van, there was plenty of room for Levi. He was very happy to lay across the backseat with Marian for part of the drive.
Callie took this picture. She wanted to take pictures so I could blog them. However, they were mainly like this. It did rain a little and we hoped it went north to AR, where is is badly needed. There was no rain when we needed to stop to walk the dog, so I was pleased we were so blessed.
One happy doggy, sprawled across the front seat. He did a great job on the drive.
So we're home how. Back to 99% humidity and misery. And it is rainy here. Blah. I'm going to sulk for a few days and then I'll put on my big girl pants and get to the business of having fun at home. Please pray that we get some families moving in who have kids that will play outside with my kids. We so badly need that. I know there are kids here, but none of them ever go outside. Marian is so sad that she has no friends, and Callie's closest friends moved out while we were gone. So we have empty houses around and we really really want new friends to move into them!

No comments:
Post a Comment