Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Best Part of Mommyhood

Sometimes being the mom is not all it's cracked up to be.  Sometimes it is downright crummy.  It is a good thing that there are stellar moments to make up for the long slog through the no-fun ones.

 This child is so much fun.  She keeps telling me that no one else thinks she is funny except for me.  That is so not true.  Granted, I may be the only one who laughs every time at her favorite knock-knock joke.

Knock-knock!

Who's there?

Banana.

Banana who?

Banana Pants!!

No it isn't funny at all, and that is exactly WHY I find it hilarious.  Well, that and the delight it gives her to say something clever.   Delaney really is very funny in a lot of ways and she does crack me up constantly.  Tonight was one of those times.  We were discussing our upcoming plans to see family and get together with all the cousins on my side of the family.  Delaney was enthralled, and could not wait to leave.  She was really hoping to go tomorrow, and was disappointed that she has to wait.

"My heart is breaking into a million pieces and turning into a motorboat!" she exclaimed.



Yes, I do love this charming child!  I am so glad she is mine!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm not a joke person, but the banana joke is actually funny to me. I'd laugh at it if she told me the joke. Love the motorboat humour as well.