Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, November 12, 2010

Marian's Dino Book and Lunch at School!

Marian made a dinosaur book for her best friend, who loved Dinosaurs. She checked out a book on dinos from the library and used it to model her book. It was so cute. And I am getting better at reading her phonetic spelling. Here is her book, with translation provided.

Dino Book

A Triceratops' horn are his weapon. His beak is for chewing leaves.

(Check out the nifty bone insert drawn at the top left corner!) A Hypacrosaurus bone looks like this. Hypacrosaurus can grow up to 30 feet long.

A Argentosaurus is one of the biggest dinosaurs. It eats leaves in high up places.

A Tyranosaurus Rex is a meat eater. It isn't as big as a long neck dinosaur. It guards his eggs and eats meat while he's waiting. Some dinosaurs lay their eggs and leave because they could squish their babies.

*********

Yesterday the school held their annual Veteran's Day lunch. Its their Thanksgiving lunch, but they have it on Veteran's Day I think because so many dads are off work that day. Maybe not, but it works out well anyway. Marian said she wanted Daddy to have lunch with her, so Dan went and enjoyed cafeteria fare first. I met him at the tail end of their lunch and handed off Rylee. Dan and Rylee went home and I waited 15 minutes for Callie's class to come to lunch. It was fun to sit with her at a table with a bunch of giggly, adorable kindergartners! Joshua's class came in just before Callie's finished, and he came to join us, and I hung out with him till his lunch was done. Th kids really enjoyed having us come. Callie was so excited all week for it, so it was nice to feel like we were special!

Dan and Marian. And Marian's friend who really wanted to be in the picture too!

Me and Callie. I don't know why my teeth look funky.

And here is Joshua enjoying some tasty turkey.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

I love Marian's books! So clever and cute and such fantastic drawings.

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

What an amazing girl who can spell those l o n g dino names and draw such creative depictions of them!