Today I have something to be truly thankful for! Last night Rylee went to bed at 9:30 and slept till 6. 6!!!! I nearly cried with joy. I know, she is 14 months old. She should be sleeping through the night. I know she shouldn't need to nurse 2-3 times a night. Unfortunately, Rylee never got that memo and refused to believe me.
Dan and I have been plotting various ways to get her sleeping better, but I realized I was not at the point of desperation to make her cry it out. So I have been living with it and hoping it would get better. Last week I began to pay more attention to how often she ate during the day and how often she nursed. And I began to cut down the nursing, because seriously, at 14 months, she does NOT need to nurse 5 times a day!
She made the transition to more solids just fine and I harbored the hope that more solids during the day would translate to less hunger at night. Tuesday night she slept 9:30 to 4 am and I was thrilled. But to have her do even better the next night!!!! I am overjoyed and hoping like mad that this is a trend, not an anomaly.
To be honest, last night would have been perfect if not for her big sister. I was in the middle of a fantastic dream. It was a great dream! President Monson was giving out blessings and I had worked my way up to him and there was no one else around and before I could discover what wonderful blessing he was going to give me, Delaney barged in crying, "My silly band is BROKEN!!" High drama at 3:15 in the morning. So I got to go tuck her back into bed and my dream was gone. Sigh.
But to make us all feel better, here are a few pictures of Rylee!
Rylee went to her first birthday party. She thought she was a big girl at the table and ate cake and chips and tried to drink a juicebox, but gagged instead and puked. oops.

2 comments:
Yay for better sleeping!!!!!!! I hope this is a trend!!
And what a cutie licking that beater! Seriously, how do they know that things like that will be yummy and that they want them?
I am so glad she is sleeping through the night. I have been having a taste of what you are going through the last couple nights, and I really don't like it! Samantha has been sick and waking up about every two hours, and I am beat. I don't know how you have been about to do that every night. You are amazing.
Post a Comment